Today, February the 5th is World Read Aloud Day. The day hasn’t ended yet, and the reading continues. If you didn’t do it today, you can also do it tomorrow and the day after and the day after …
- Switch off your cellphone and dedicate 15 to 20 minutes reading to your little – even big – one. You’re never too old to be read to. You could even have your older children read to you! And it’s great practice for them.
- Choose the story together – scan the bookshelf or visit a library to find the book you want to read aloud together. Arrange a book swap with friends.
- Find a quiet, comfortable area to read together. Make a magic tent with a bed sheet and some cushions. Take away distractions such as toys or devices.
- Dramatise the story with different voices and accents. Get the kids to do the sound effects. Get older children who can read to participate and assign characters to them.
- Take your time. Don’t rush. And most of all, have fun!
For the original story, visit goodthingsguy